NEW LONDON, CT. -- The Lesley Women's soccer team earned their second shut out in a row against a conference opponent in their 8-0 win over Mitchell College on Saturday afternoon. The win brings the Lynx to 12-3-1 on the season and 6-1 in the NECC, while the Mariners fall to 4-11 overall and 0-6 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx came out swinging in this one. Tayla Mayberry scored her sixth goal of the season in the second minute and Julia De Mars found Claire Hounslow thirty seconds later to put Lesley up 2-0 before the third minute could even begin. Hounslow's goal was her sixth of the season and the assist was the first for De Mars.
- Two minutes later, Gabby Vesona scored her first goal of the season off of Kayleigh Chicas' second assist of the year. The Lynx were three for three on their first three shots of the game.
- Vesona scored again in the 14 minute for her second goal of the game and the year. Mayberry earned her first assist on Vesona' score.
- Kerrie Larson added her second goal of the season in the 41st minute to put the Lynx up 4-0.
- The Lynx had taken nine shots before the Mariners got their first chance in the 31st minute. Mitchell would only take two shots in the half, while the Lynx got off sixteen. Lynx goalie Jill Narby played the first half, but the only shot on net for Mitchell was a defensive save, so Narby finished with no saves on no shots.
- Remme Hasley took over in net for Lesley to begin the second half and kept up her scoreless streak, saving the three shots taken at her. Hasley has saved all eight shots she has seen this season and has yet to allow a goal in parts of seven games of the first two years of her collegiate career.
- The Lynx got on the board again in the 51st minute when freshman Emma Feliciano scored her first career collegiate goal off Katelyn Andrews' first collegiate assist.
- Katelyn Scott extended the Lynx lead to 7-0 and 8-0 with goals in the 68th and 82nd minute. The goals were Scott's first two of the season.
- Audrey Calhoun played the final ten minutes in net for the Lynx and did not have to make any saves. Narby earned the win to improve her record to 4-0, while Yordi Slover took the loss for the Mariners after saving seven of fifteen shots.
- Lesley was led in shots by Macey Merlo with seven, while Mitchell's Lindsey Fairbank led her team with four.
The Lynx play their final regular season game on the road at Fitchburg State on Tuesday October 29th at 4 PM.