BOSTON, Mass.-- Sophomore Kayleigh Chicas netted the game winner in the 83rd minute to give the Lynx the 3-2 victory over Simmons College Wednesday evening. The win gives Lesley it's fourth in as many games to open the 2019 campaign 4-0, while the sharks drop to 0-3-1.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Lesley dominated both sides of the ball for most of the match, despite Simmons capitalizing on their limited opportunities. The backend kept the Sharks to a total of three shots in the match, with the attack tallying 23 total shots for the Lynx.
- Chloe Kouyoumdijian found Kerrie Larson in the 44th minute with just thirty seconds left in the half to give Lesley a 1-0 lead going into the half.
- Just under two minutes into the second half, Maddy Dietrick received the ball from Macey Merlo and struck the back of the net to take a 2-0 advantage.
- The Sharks tied up the game at 2-2, with back to back goals just seven minutes apart. Amber Nobbs netted the first goal for the Sharks, and Izabella Warren beat the racing Lynx keeper Remington Hasley to the ball and found the back of the net for the equalizer.
- With seven minutes left until expiration, Chicas connected for the 3-2 game winner.
Lesley hosts MIT for its home opener Saturday evening at 6:30pm.