MEDFORD, MA. -- The Lesley women's basketball team looked their best all season, but still lost to New England College 86-37 on Tuesday night. The Lynx fall to 0-4 on the season and 0-2 in the NECC, while the Pilgrims advance to 4-3 overall and 1-0 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Hope Seasholes had the Lynx's best game of the year in this one. Seasholes scored eleven points on 50% shooting and went three of six from three to help the Lynx reach a season high 37 points. The Jensen twins added seven points each, with Lindsey notching five assists and Sam grabbing three rebounds and three assists.
- The Pilgrims were led by Brianna Pierreval, who had 14 points on seven of ten shooting. Rebekah Toussaint added eleven points off the bench for the Pilgrims, while Ericka Pratt and Kayla Ramsey each had nine rebounds.
- The Lynx started strong on defense, limiting the Pilgrims to seventeen points in the first quarter. They kept the Pilgrims to only 17.6% shooting from three and actually bested NEC with 23.5% three point shooting.
- Turnovers were an issue for the Lynx, as NEC forced 28 and stole the ball 19 times. 42 of the Pilgrims' 86 points came off of turnovers. They were also strong on the offensive glass with 20 second chance points.
- The Pilgrims outrebounded the Lynx 50 to 24, with only one player not registering at least one rebound. Lesley, meanwhile, was led by Cassidy Wygonik and Allison Napoleon with five boards each.
The Lynx are back in action on Saturday December 7th, hosting Lasell College at 1:30 PM.