MEDFORD, MA. – The Lesley women's volleyball team lost in three sets to the conference opponent Elms College Blazers on Saturday afternoon. The loss brins the Lynx to 5-11 overall on the season and 0-3 in conference, while the Blazers advance to 13-8 and 2-1 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx started strong in the first set, which would become a theme of the afternoon. They were able to keep up with a talented Blazers team and force an early 4-4 tie in set one.
- Elms took over when Hannah Pichardo stepped up to serve and set off a string of eleven straight Blazers points that forced Lesley to use both of their timeouts. Pichardo had two aces in the stretch and Natalia Caraballo had four kills. By the end of the run, the Lynx were already down 18-5 and could not come back, losing the set 25-12.
- The Lynx got out to a 5-3 lead in set two, but could not build enough momentum to keep it.
- Blazers again got a boost from Pichardo in the second set, this time for a fifteen point run that put Elms up 18-6. Pichardo had two more aces and Jaylianne Ramos had three kills.
- The third set was a back-and-forth affair as the Lynx battled to stay with the Blazers for a good amount of the set. Allison Napoleon had two early kills to keep the Lynx within a point.
- Elms went on a small run in the second set, but the Lynx were able to limit it to six points and stay in the game. They brought the set within five points twice, but the Blazers pulled away to finish the set 25-18 and the match 3-0.
- Napoleon and Cassidy Wygonik each had six kills to lead the Lynx, while Tallin Goldberg had 12 assists and Nicole Pietrocola had three total blocks.
- Ramos led the Blazers with seven kills, while Caraballo had six and Hayley Castanos and Alanys Cruz each had four. Pichardo finished with five aces and Dakota Stewart had fifteen assists.
The Lynx travel to New England College for a conference matchup on Tuesday October 22nd at 6 PM.