MILTON, Mass. – The Lesley women's volleyball team dropped their season opener 3-0 to Curry College Wednesday evening with set scores of 25-17, 25-17, 25-14.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- The Lynx put Curry on the ropes briefly starting the match with a 3-0 lead, but it would stand to be their largest edge of the night, as the Colonels quickly erased the deficit by scoring the next five points.
- Service aces and attack errors prevented Lesley from building any momentum, as Curry extended their lead to 11.
- The deficit stood until 24-13, before Lesley made a late push with a three-point run, but it would be too late as the Colonels sealed the first set victory.
- The second set was a close one out of the gate, with the teams trading points early and finding themselves knotted at 10-10.
- A kill from freshman Emilie Wilkenson (Lawrenceville, Ga.) broke the tie and started an 11-4 run for the hosts which proved to be enough for the set two win.
- The Colonels opened the third frame on a 9-3 run before back to back kills from Allison Napoleon (Oahu, Hawaii) and a service ace from Cassidy Wygonik (Madison, Conn.) brought the Lynx within 3.
- Curry responded to the short burst of Lynx offense with a 12-2 run to seal the opening match victory.
- Statistically, the Lynx were led by Cassidy Wygonik (Madison, Conn.) and Elise Morgan (Holbrook, Mass.), who each accumulated nine kills on the night. Allison Napoleon (Oahu, Hawaii) racked up 16 assists while Wygonik led the way in digs, with 10.
The Lynx get back on the court Friday for their home opener against Fisher College at 6pm.