MEDFORD, MA. -- The Lesley women's basketball team fell to the Mitchell College Mariners 74-33 on Tuesday night. The Lynx drop to 0-10 on the season and 0-6 in the conference, while the Mariners advance to 8-8 and 4-2 in the conference.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Dakota Jones led the Lynx with 17 points and 13 rebounds, along with three steals. Jones was 6 for 14 from the field, but struggled at the free throw line, making only five of twelve attempts.
- Hope Seasholes was the next highest scorer for the Lynx with seven points, while Tallin Goldberg, Lindsey Jensen, and Brittley Gaan each adding three. Alexandria Torres collected seven rebounds off the bench.
- The Mariners got a great all-around effort from Le'Sandra Turner, who was flirting with a triple-double. Turner scored fifteen points to go along with eight rebounds, six assists, and three steals.
- The starters did a lot of the work for the Mariners, with Turner's fifteen, Kelsey Hernandez's twelve, and Amina Wiley and Sam McKenna each scoring ten. Wiley also had eight rebounds.
- The Lynx actually shot better than the Mariners from three, 18.8% to 12%, but the Mariners shot 41.9% overall and forced 25 Lynx turnovers to seal the win.
The Lynx travel to New England College for a conference matchup on Tuesday January 21st at 5 PM.