CAMBRIDGE, MA. -- The Lesley men's soccer team had their three game win streak snapped by non-conference opponent Salem State on Wednesday night after a 2-0 loss. The Lynx fall to 7-8 on the season, while the Vikings advance to 10-4-1.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE:
- Nicholas Ramos got the scoring started for Salem State in the 23rd minute after Daniel Senra found him in the box for a quick goal. It as the ninth goal of the season for Ramos.
- The first half was an even affair, even considering Ramos' goal. The Lynx and Vikings each got five shots off in the first 45 minutes.
- The Vikings defense tightened up in the second half, while the Lynx let Salem State slip through the cracks. After a quiet beginning to the half, the Vikings got on the board again in the 82nd minute with a goal by Grace Dos Santos off a pass from Lucas Amaral.
- The Lynx were limited to only one shot the entire second half, while the Vikings managed 13. David Crutchfield had a good night, saving eight of ten shots, but still earned the loss to drop his record to 4-6. Daniel Cortes earned his first win in his first game for Salem State, saving the only two shots taken at him by the Lynx.
- Jack Wadleigh was unable to score on the night, ending his incredible scoring streak at six games in a row. Wadleigh still got three shots off on the night, joining Daniel Monteserin as the only Lesley players with shot attempts.
The Lynx head to Mitchell College for a doubleheader with the women's teams on Saturday October 26th. The men will kick off early at 11 AM.